Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paris to Munich on my way to the Eagles Nest

So I got on the train from hell from Paris to Munich. Man i was between two people in a upright position for 12 hours. Lucky for me there was a liquor cart till 10 then it seperated in Berlin. After that it was so so boring. I did my video blog on it cause i didn't sleep a wink that whole trip. And when i got to munich it was so rainy and cold.


And this is what the old train looked like.

So these are the pics from my short stay in Munich this time. I have lots more the next time around.


 I went to the hostel for a night and got some rest and then had a big beer.


 I met these really cool guys one of them's name is Dave and i met up with him later and he showed me around and to the beer garden called the Hofbrauhaus. The world's first beer garden but that's later.

 All I cared about was getting to Berchestgaden. That was where i wanted to go. So my sights were set on it. The Eagles nest climb awaits.
So the first stop to munich was rather dissapointing and i really didn't give it much of a chance. But i would end up heading back there and it was really fun. I'll tell you about that later. All I really wanted to do was get to my dream destination. Berchesgaden!



So here I am boarding the train to head to Bertchesgaden. Where the 3rd Reich had all there homes. Hitler's Berghof, Speer, Goring, and all the boys had there house. Most of all the eagles nest was there. and I was going to climb it.




 Me and my ruck sack heading to through the mtns.

 Arriving in Berchtesgaden.
 Nice 85 911. That would be a blast through the mountains.


 The mountain on the right is the one i'm going to climb.



 All the homes have art work saying who lives there. It's pretty cool.


 I spent alot of time here. I great cafe on the side of a cliff. The town was up from the train station on the side of a cliff. Amazing views.








 Every are has there own type of beer. Weissbier mean Wheat Beer. Pretty good.
 There's my challenge staring me in the face.
 A famous person that was buried here. The cemetary was so spooky. Tons of dead soldiers and there faces on the tombstones.
























Ok after this is the Nazi Museum and Bunkers/Tunnels and climbing the eagles nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment